Saturday, June 11, 2005

Note to men

Especially male bloggers. I wrote this post to show my support for my female colleagues. I suggest you shut up and listen to me. If you're threatened by women, get over yourself. Face it, women, when they put their minds to it, can do anything we can do, probably better, and certainly more thoughtfully. Strong, competent, independent women are here to stay, especially in the Democratic Party. Time to get used to it. We need them.

Instead of bitching and moaning, are you listening to me, Mr. Kos, get off your high horse. The Sister was right, you were wrong and that's that. Quit your whining and take the ad down, bitch. You've offended enough women. Much as I enjoy watching beautiful women covered in whipped cream feel each other up, I did not link nor advertise the video. I never would and you shouldn't either. It is offensive to many of your female readers and not aligned with the principles of the Democratic Party.

It's time some of these Neanderthals realize women are demanding respect because they've been denied it for too goddamn long, given a pat on the head and told to go make cookies. Been told not to make waves and just play along. Horseshit.

The 'Old Boy Network' is going the way of the dinosaur, should already be there within our party. You guys who don't think women should speak up should shut the fuck up and consider us the lucky ones. The female bloggers on our side are one of our most valuable resources and their views should be accepted and considered.

I am fortunate to be married to a woman who's made a name for herself by working her way to the top of her field by swimming against the tide of male prejudices (why in hell she married a crazy man like me still baffles me). A corporate executive, she threw out the Old Boy Rulebook and wrote her own, earning the respect of her Japanese employers. No small feat in anyone's book. Her competence, independence (she wants me, she doesn't need me), and intelligence is amazing and outstanding. We have women like her among our ranks. They should be respected and their talents noted, not used as excuses for our own failings and insecurities.

So boys, if you want women who'll shut up and obey, become a fucking Republican. I want the women who are my colleagues here in Blogtopia (y!sctp!*) to be of the intelligent, independent, self-assured type. Guys, when they say something, it behooves us to listen. Thank you very much.

*yes! skippy coined that phrase!

No comments: