John Kerry was David Letterman's guest on Monday night and delivered the Top 10 List:
Bush's Top 10 Tax Proposals:
10. No estate tax for families with at least two U.S. Presidents
9. W-2 form is now Dubya-2 form
8. Under simplified tax code, your refund check goes directly to Halliburton
7. Attorney General Ashcroft gets to write off entire U.S. Constitution
6. Reduced earned income tax credit makes me want to tear out my perfectly groomed hair
5. Texas Rangers get loss of credit for training Sammy Sosa
4. Eliminate all taxes and just get Teresa to cover everything
3. Cheney can claim Bush as a dependent
2. $100 penalty for saying "nuclear" instead of "nucular"
1. W gets deduction for mortgaging our entire future
I had to watch Letterman twice, on two different stations to get these, but no sacrifice is too much to bear on behalf of our readers. Some of them may be a little paraphrased but you get the idea.