Friday, September 24, 2004

The Windup.....And The Fast Pitch

On Thursday,on Wolf Blitzer Reports on CNN, I heard something that disturbed me:

Wolf reported that the Justice Department had sent notice to all 50 states to be on high alert for terrorist activities between now and November 2, election day.

The Justice Department. John Ashcroft. Between now and election day. A general alert.

If they have intelligence that a terrorist attack is likely to occur in the next 40 days, why don't they have intelligence that narrows it down a little as to location? Hawaii? Maine? Where?

It sounds like a set-up to me. It fits right in with the administration's ongoing campaign of fear-mongering to scare us into voting to keep zem, er, them in power. Vote for us or die.

I think this administration is less concerned about an act of terrorism than they are that the election might actually take place and oust Dubya from his purloined perch, and this 'alert notice' is the first step towards a cancellation of said election on grounds of 'national security', should they receive more 'information' on, oh, I don't know, say, Halloween. Ghosts and goblins and things that go bump in the night. Perfect.

Call me paranoid. Hell, call me Petunia. I may be going a little overboard here, and of course I hope I'm dead wrong (wouldn't be the first time) and the election goes off as scheduled and ousts Dubya, but I wouldn't put anything past this gang of thieves and poltroons.

No comments: